Friday, February 24, 2012

Give Him a Chance...

February is fleeting fast, but here in northern Michigan it is looking more like January today.  We have had such a mild winter... not enough snow for my taste, but today the white stuff is coming down pretty good!

I came across a quote today from the book, Redeeming Love... “Mara, that's the life I want to give you. That's what I'm offering you. I want to fill your life with color and warmth. I want to fill it with light. Give me a chance.”  If you have not read this book then you are missing out!  It is a beautiful love story based on the book of Hosea.  You know, that is the life God wants to give each one of us.  If I try to think of what my life would be like without God in it... I cannot even imagine.  My life would be so empty... it would always be gray and cold... it would be a very dark place.  Thinking about a life without a relationship with Jesus Christ almost sucks the breath right out of me... no, it would actually suck the living breath right out of me... I know that for sure!  He is my everything... whether things are going great or things are going not so great.  I choose to praise Him in the good and praise Him in the not so good... I will just praise Him!

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare Your loving-kindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night" Psalms 92:1-2

If you seem to be lacking peace and contentment right now... try praising your Heavenly Father.  My truth is... praising brings peace!

I do have a little project to share today.  My sweet hubby got me a Cinch 2 binding tool and so I made him this journal. (BTW... I luv a bargain and he got it at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon!!!)

Thanks so much for stopping in today! Sorry for my lack in blogging lately!

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: