Thursday, October 13, 2011

He Gives Strength...

We have had gorgeous weather in northern Michigan that last few weeks! We really could not ask for a more beautiful fall... thank You, God!  The colors in the trees are starting to fade in spots or the wind has blown them away.  The weather people are saying it is going to get cooler, but what do they know??? Although I know this sweet weather cannot last forever.   :(

I am 46 years old and I am dealing with a fluctuation in hormones... there are 1 or 2 days a month when all I want to do is cry! It is crazy! Granted, I tend to be a weeper anyway, but not like this.  I was having an influx starting yesterday... I just feel so tired, alone and isolated.  That is not like me at all, normally.  I had been praying and told God I feel so weak... I said to Him I am tired of trying to be strong... it is really hard to admit that, even to God who knows everything!  I opened my Bible to do my quiet-time and I read in Isaiah 40:26-31.  Verse 31 is one of my favorite verses, but it was verse 29 that spoke to my heart...

He gives strength to those who grow tired and increases the strength of those who are weak. Isaiah 40:29

Papa God is my strength... I just need to let Him be.  I don't understand what is in me that thinks I can be strong on my own!  The struggle between the flesh and the spirit... hmmm... that I am sure is my problem.  I want to say I am thankful for great Christian women that helped me through the day too! God has blessed me... big time!
We have had a lot of weddings lately, so I have another wedding card to share with you.

Okay, I guess I am done with all my random thoughts... my hubby is gone for the week, so I have to share my thoughts somewhere... thanks for listening!

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

lynns said...

You are such an amazing woman and I am proud to know you. Be blessed. Stand strong. This, too, shall pass. The Lord is with you.

Love, Lynn