Thursday, May 12, 2011

Father knows...

Can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I posted on grateFUL HEART.  It has been a busy couple of weeks!  There are some changes going on and it takes me a little time to get into the groove of change. Also I started a new blog directed at our ladies ministry at church... it is called "Coffee Cup Corner"... which is funny because I can't stand coffee, please check it out.

I was able to get away last week for a couple days with 3 great ladies... it was so refreshing to go to the condo at Boyne Mt. and just relax, laugh, talk, cry, eat and do nothing we didn't want to do!

This week has brought a whole new "opportunity" for change... we found out 3 weeks ago that our kitty, Lollipop, had diabetes.  We tried treating her with pills, but she continued to lose weight... she went from 10 pounds down to 5 in the last 6 weeks or so.  My wonderful hubby wanted to do whatever I was ready to do and finally this morning I let her go.  I didn't want to see her suffer anymore or get worse.  The vet was very sympathetic and Lolli went to sleep very gently.  I feel relieved it is done but I am gonna miss my little kitty so much.  She was my constant sleep companion... Luke on my right and Lolli on my left.  When she was really little she use to sleep across my throat at night. 

I am sorry I don't mean to be such a downer, this is just where my heart is today.  I am very grateFUL for the time she was here with us.

Aren't two sparrows sold for only a penny? But your Father knows when any one of them falls to the ground. Matthew 10:29 

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Lollipop. I know how much a part of the family pets are. She was dearly loved and I am sure she knew it. Someone said that pets don't go to heaven, but I believe when I get there, Jesus will be holding our dear sweet Brandy and Sasha will be by His side - welcoming us home. I bet Lollipop will be doing the same to you. Love & Hugs From Sharon