Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Potter's Hands...

I feel like life has been so busy the last couple of weeks. There has been a lot of really great things happening and going on, but there are also those things that I wish would not be part of my daily living. I am feeling like life is spinning out of control at times… I like to know exactly what I am doing… I like to have things organized and set to go, but I don’t see any of that going on right now. People have been so great… very encouraging.

Are you feeling under pressure from test or trials in your life?  Just remember those are the times that God can use to form us… those are the times when I am “pliable” to either let Him make me what He wants to make me or I can keep fighting against it which will leave me broken and more or less just a blob that He has to start over again to form.

And the vessel that the potter made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make. Then the word of the LORD came, saying: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter?” says the LORD. “Look, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are you in My hand! Jeremiah 18:4-6


When I feel like my life may be spinning out of control that is the time the Potter’s wheel is spinning me to make me evenly formed into what the Potter has planned to make me into. The problem comes when I take my eyes off God and I focus on the circumstances or the mishaps in my life… that is when I become “dizzy”… that is when I let this journey through life get the best of me. I also realize the times when I feel like I may be under fire, both from people and the enemy… those are the times that God can fire the clay that He has formed. A masterpiece is never put into the kiln only once… in may be fired and then taken out and added to with more glaze to make it more beautiful. It is a process… it isn’t a quick process, but God, the Potter, has shown me that the masterpiece He is making me into is a slow and sometimes painful process… perfection will take a lifetime and that is okay because He has the plan for my life. He loves me just like He made me, but He also loves me so much that He doesn’t want me to remain where I am.

I know it seems totally insane in human thinking to be joyful in trials, but that too is a choice… how will I choose to handle when yucky things happen???

“My brother and sisters, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.” I Peter 1:2-4

Just a thought... if you can’t praise God in the bad things then do you really mean it when you praise Him in the good???
Besides knowing are never alone in this life... a word of encouragement would be to stay in God’s Word… pray for His guidance… ask Him for patience and for His joy to bubble up in your heart… hold on to His peace, His is the peace that passes all understanding (Philippians 4:7)

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

1 comment:

Connie Martin said...

Good word Carin! Thanks for sharing because all of us are going through "it" at one time or another and we can be an encouragement to each other. Praying that while you're going through it you'll be blessed -- because you're always a blessing to me!
Connie
Chayil!!!