Sunday, August 22, 2010

Being Attractive...

I had a fun Stampin' Up party on Thursday... I think it went great! My parents are here visiting with us for a long weekend... it is good to have them here.

This is a birthday card I made for a lovely friend of mine that loves butterflies!
Philippians 1:9 says, “And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,” or in the KJV the word is “judgment”… is this talking about discernment of how we choose to live our life… to know what is righteous… to know what is pleasing to God??? I like to look up verses in other translations, in verse 11 of this same chapter I read in the Message translation in verse 11 they used these words, “making Jesus Christ attractive to all”… that hits the nail on the head! I am to live my life in a way that makes being a Christ follower attractive!!! I shouldn’t be a whiny or bitter or complaining or Sunday-only Christian… I need to seek God out daily to give me what I need in my spirit to live a life that is attractive to others and draws people to Christ, not drives them away from Christ. That should be my focus always… not always how it turns out but that is to be my focus. I pray for the Word to be soaked up in me until I have enough to pour it out on those around me… let me be a "full sponge" for the Lord… let me be filled and rung out for God each day that I am blessed to walk this earth. This is the desire of my heart... to make Christ attractive by the actions of my life… I want to be a representative that draws all men to Him… He deserves the glory and praise of all creatures of the world.

Better get ready for church... have a blessed Sunday! with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: