Friday, November 3, 2017

Great Gravy!

Why is it I get so hung up on what I should or shouldn't write on here??? It is MY blog! Right?! This is about my life and my perspective of this life! 


Other years I have done a daily "grateFUL" post for the month of November... not going to put that pressure on myself this year! I titled this post, "Great Gravy" for a couple different reasons. 1) I remember someone as I was growing up would use that phrase instead of "my goodness!" I always though that was funny... the closes she got to swearing, I think! ;) 2) Gravy is like the good part on top... you know an easy job that made you good money or that yummy goodness on top of the mashed taters!

For me, today, "Great Gravy" means: thankFULness overflowing in my heart and life! I have emotionally dark days, especially when the sun does not shine for days at a time, but I am always reminded that my HOPE is in the Son, not the sun! No matter... I have to keep looking UP!

"Our suffering is light and temporary and is producing for us an eternal glory that is greater than anything we can imagine." ~ 2 Corinthians 4:17

My transformation is still going on... on the physical part... I now have released 40.2 pounds... YES! that .2 matters!!! I still have another 29 to release, but only taking it a day at a time! Little goals! I just feel so much better!

On the spiritual part... hmmm... every time I think I am figuring out where I am going, I am reminded that it is not for me to figure out, but to remain close to Him who already knows it all. His Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (Psalms 119:105) When the path is only lit one step at a time I best be staying close!

Once again, my dear Hubby and I will be leading Camp Living Waters Marriage Retreat in February. We have such a passion for encouraging marriages to take that next step in their relationship... it does so much for our marriage too! Please check it out here!

Before I go I want to share a little project I did. We went to Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin for a little getaway and I found this cabinet in a second hand store. It was labeled, garage cabinet, but I could see it as a night stand/cabinet... storage to hold/hide some of my stuff (a/k/a crap)! What do you think? I like how it turned out! Very shabby, but that is ok with me!



Be grateFUL... share your gratitude!



1 comment:

Sharon said...

Thank you for those thoughtful and inspiring words!