Monday, December 1, 2014

Red & White...

It's DECEMBER! Yay! So I've decided to do December Photo A Day from The Idea Room. At least I will attempt it! So day #1 is "Red & White"

This is an Origami star I learned to make last week, which you can find here & the candy cane is my Red & White.

I was thinking about the Legend of the Candy Cane... The story tells of a candy maker in Indiana who wanted to make a candy that would help us remember Who Christmas is really about. So he made a Christmas candy cane. He incorporated several symbols for the birth, ministry, & death of Jesus Christ. He began with a stick of pure white, hard candy... white to symbolize the virgin birth & sinless nature of Jesus. Hard candy to show the solid rock, the foundation of the Church, & firmness of God's promises. He made the candy in the form of a "J" for the name of Jesus. It also represented the staff of the Good Shepherd. The candy maker then included red stripes, three small stripes & a large red stripe to represent Christ's suffering at the end of His life.

I love to read about the appearance of the angel to Mary in Luke 1... my favorite verse is verse 37...

"For with God nothing will be impossible." ~ Luke 1:37

I have my 2 Christmas trees up, but they only have lights... no decorations on them yet! However, I am working on that this week!



No comments: