Friday, November 4, 2011

Reflect the Light...

I was thinking this morning about the warmth of the sun and the warmth of the Son.  We had a very frosty morning at our house this morning, but what was so cool was as the sun was rising and warming things up… the frost started to disappear.  Although where the bushes were still casting shade on the ground, the frost was still remaining.  It looked really neat. It made me think of how when things are left in the shadows and the light cannot shine on it… life stays cold and hard.  As the light from the sun got warmer and higher in the sky, the light covered and warmed up everything.

I was reminded that even when circumstances leave me feeling in the shadows… the Son is still shining on me from within.  I cannot let my light be hid under the shadow of circumstances.  “No one lights a lamp and hides it or puts it under a basket. Instead, everyone who lights a lamp puts it on a lamp stand so that those who come in will see its light.” Luke 11:33

The same way the sun reflects off the crystal-like frost… I pray I let the Son of God reflect His glorious light off me and through me.  I am so grateFUL for Papa's love and comfort, no matter the circumstances.

with a grateFUL HEART, carin

No comments: